White Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs Sugar Free
Thin Mints used to be a staple in our home before we went sugar free. There’s something delightful about a mint after dinner. They are simply refreshing.
The Holidays are also known for peppermint candies, chocolate, and desserts. What better time to create a sugar free, low carb, and Keto version of the beloved candy.
I’m thrilled with the clean ingredients in these and how healthy they are. The truly best part is the taste amazing! If you follow our recipes, you know that most of the time I add part erythritol as 100% stevia can taste “off” or unpleasant. There are always exceptions and these needed no erythritol to make them incredibly delicious to any pallet! I always make sure our recipes work for those who use stevia and those who are new to it..
*Please note these are lightly sweet and not meant to be like a candy, although that would be incredible too! For this reason, I want to mention that you can make these closer to a Peppermint Candy by adding 2 TB. powdered erythritol to the base and the topping.
Dark Chocolate Base ingredients:
8 Squares Bakers 100% baking chocolate
2 TB. Coconut Oil
1 TB Coconut
6 Smidgen scoops Stevia Select pure Stevia Powder
1 TB. Powdered erythritol
1/2 ts Vanilla extract
1/2 ts Vanilla extract
Directions for Dark Chocolate base:
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate squares, erythritol and oil until combined.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in stevia and vanilla.
- Fill 9 silicone muffin molds evenly with chocolate.
- Cool completely in refrigerator or freezer before adding the peppermint whites chocolate top.
White Chocolate Peppermint ingredients:
2 oz. Cocoa Butter (roughly 1/2 cup broken tightly packed)
3 TB. Coconut oil
6 Smidgen scoops Stevia Select pure stevia powder
1/2 ts. Peppermint extract
**Optional-Sugar Free crushed peppermint candy (1 piece needed)
Directions for peppermint layer:
1. In a small saucepan, melt cocoa butter and oil until combined.
2.Remove pan from heat and stir in stevia and peppermint extract.
3. Use a 1 TB measurement to fill the molds evenly with peppermint topping. **Make sure the base is completely set before topping with the warm liquid next.
4.Cool completely in refrigerator or freezer before removing from the silicone cups.
5. **optional step directions: If your topping with the crushed candy, you need to let the white chocolate set a bit as the candy will settle. Mine took about 30 min. in the refrigerator until it was set enough to add candy. This timing was good and not to firm so it wouldn’t stick.
6. Store in refrigerator or freezer.