If your trying to eat healthy and avoid sugar, you know that canned sweetened condensed milk is off limits. This sweetened condensed milk recipe is Keto friendly and low-carb. Unlike other sugar-free recipes you'll find online. I've also made this lower in calories by using part Almond Milk, versus all heavy cream. It's still very rich and delicious.
I used a winning combination of vanilla extract, pure stevia, and Stevia Baking Blend to produce “real” sugar vibes. Even my pickiest eaters, love the layered bar cookies I make with this 🥰
I created this no sugar Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe to use in a delicious Bar Cookie made with layers of coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips. Don't miss out on these fast & easy “Sweet Coconut Bar Cookies”.
Sugar-Free Low-Carb Sweetened Condensed Milk
Yields 1 1/2 cups
1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream *Dairy-Free option: Coconut Cream
1/2 C. Almond milk
4 TB. Butter
1/32 ts.Salt or 2 pinches
2 TB Stevia Baking Blend powdered * Directions to make powder here
1 ts. Vanilla Extract
1/2 ts.Stevia Powder
1/2 ts. Xanthan Gum
1. Place butter in a small saucepan to melt, on med. heat. Watch it carefully as butter will burn easily. Immediately add remaining ingredients except xanthan gum and vanilla extract. Allow to reach a simmer/low boil and turn off the heat.
2. **Note: tricky step. Xanthan Gum will begin thickening the moment it touches liquid. Please use speed and sprinkle powder as thin as possible to avoid clumping. Best tip is to sprinkle small amounts and whisk before adding more.
3. Vanilla is added in this last step because real vanilla extract can loose some flavor if heated to much.
4. Sweetened Condensed will thicken as it cools. This usually takes 10 minutes after removing from the heat.
5. Store in refrigerator after it’s cooled.
Be sure to check out our Instagram page for more delicious stevia recipes and tag steviaselect if you make these.