Cranberry Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
Cranberries are bold and bright, making them the perfect addition to any seasonal dessert. However, these low carb berries are a joy to eat any time of the year. I love adding these to Keto muffins too. Check out our Blueberry Muffin Recipe on Instagram and swap cranberries in for variety.
I recently took this Cranberry Pound Cake to a Christmas party and it got raving reviews. Most people were complimenting about how moist and delicious it was. I have to agree the texture is on pointe. Sometimes that can be tricky with gluten free desserts but rest assured, your friends and family will not be disappointed.
Cranberry Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze – Sugar Free & Low Carb
Makes 1 large Bundt Cake
Yields 16 slices
1 C Butter softened
8 oz. cream cheese softened
1 C Powdered Erythritol (*I make my own powdered by pulsing granular erythritol in the blender)
1 C Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
1 ts Fresh lemon Zest
10 Eggs *room temp
2 C Almond flour
2/3 C Coconut flour
1 ts Salt
1/2 ts Xanthan gum
3 C Fresh Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a bundt pan. If your ingredients aren't room temp (eggs, cream cheese, etc) you can warm the oven to 175 F and then turn it off. Place items in oven for 10 minutes.
- Cream first 7 ingredients together.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and blend well. This allows for fluffier, airy end results.
- Place remaining ingredients in sifter and sift into batter.
- Mix on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Measure 2 cups of cranberries and stir them in by hand.
- Pour batter into your pre-greased pan.
- Scatter remaining cup of cranberries over the top and smash down slightly into the batter. Cranberries will automatically since a bit so placing these right over the top will allow for more even berry placement after it’s baked.
9. Bake for 40 min. on the 2nd lowest rack. Bake an additional 20 min. covering the cake with foil to minimize browning. Cake should be done but test by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If toothpick comes out clean, cake is done.
10. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and placing on your cake platter.
11. Make the Lemon glaze ( see recipe below)
Lemon Glaze recipe
2 TB fresh lemon juice
2/3 C powdered Erythritol
*Pro tip: a tiny dash of salt will bring out more lemon flavor
Stir to mix. Spread over cake and let excess drizzle over sides.