Best sugar-free stevia sweetened, Chocolate Chip Cookies?😳 How can I make this bold claim? Baking with stevia is tricky (says everyone who’s every made stevia desserts) and these Keto cookies have great texture, no cooling effect from erythritol, and (best of all) taste crazy good! For these reasons, I can honestly say these are the best I've ever tasted or made. I absolutely love & recommend this recipe.....I'm already planning some variations using this base recipe.
I found these are best kept on the smaller size to avoid breaking. The cookie is light, flaky, and buttery. Smaller cookies help with portion control as well. I flattened my dough to 1.5" in diameter and 1/4" in thickness. This was perfect in my opinion.Feel free to test other options and comment below on what you try.
Nuts can be omitted if you want to reduce the carbs even further.
Best Stevia Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 20 small 1.5” cookies
- 1 C Almond Flour
- ¼ ts. Baking Soda
- ¼ ts Xanthan Gum
- 2 TB Stevia Baking Blend (make into powder using blender) or Powdered Erythritol
- 4 smidgen scoop stevia powder
- 3 TB Butter *softened or melted
- 2 ts Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 ts. Salt
- ½ C Walnuts Finely Chopped *Important to chop fine to prevent cookie from easily crumbling.
- ½ C Chocolate Chips *sugar-free
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cover a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper to easily remove cookie after baking.
- Place all dry ingredients (*except nuts) in the electric mixer bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add all the wet ingredients and blend until thoroughly incorporated.If adding nuts, mix these in last to avoid crushing nuts. You just want to stir them into the dough.
- Scoop out a soup spoon amount and roll in a ball. Immediately flatten it out onto your prepared cookie sheet. See notes above for size. These will not spread so you can space them close together.
- After your sheet is full, bake for 8 min.
- Remove from oven and immediately (carefully) pull the silicone mat or parchment paper with cookies still on them, onto a cooling rack. Cookies are to fragile to remove with a spatula until they are cool. This step will prevent cookies from baking any further. Let cool 5 minutes and enjoy warm or cool further and eat later. Just sayin'....nothing like a hot fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookie 🍪🥛