Blueberries just happen to be my favorite berry and so it’s no surprise how much I adore this Sugar Free & Low-Carb Pound Cake. I have served this many times to people who don’t know it’s Keto friendly and the reaction is always the same.....”this is so moist & delicious.” I trust you’ll enjoy it as much as our family does and please remember to share the recipe on social media. Thanks!
Blueberry Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
1/2 C Butter softened
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 C Erythritol
1/2 ts Stevia Select Stevia Powder
1/2 ts Stevia Select Vanilla Stevia
1/2 C Sour Cream
5 Eggs *room temp is best
1 C Almond flour
1/3 C Coconut flour
2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Xanthan gum
1 C Frozen Blueberries
1 TB Coconut flour to coat berries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a glass 5x9 loaf pan. If your ingredients aren't room temp (eggs, cream cheese, etc) you can warm the oven to 175 F and then turn it off. Place items in oven for 10 minutes.
- Cream first 6 ingredients together.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and blend well. This allows for fluffier, airy end results.
- Place remaining ingredients in sifter and sift into batter.
- Mix on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Measure 1 C frozen blueberries and place them in a bowl. Keep blueberries in freezer until just before using.
- Sprinkle 1TB Coconut flour over the berries and toss to coat. Pour coated berries into batter being careful not to get excess flour into batter. Fold in the berries gently and work quickly to avoid coloring the batter and causing blue streaks in your dough.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and into heated oven. Bake for 35 min. on the middle rack and then cover with foil. Bake an additional 15 min. or until toothpick inserted in the middle is clean.
- Make the Lemon glaze ( see recipe below)
Lemon Glaze recipe
1TB fresh lemon juice + 1/2 TB almond milk
1/3 C powdered Erythritol *slightly heaping
1/2 ts Stevia Select Lemon stevia
*Pro tip: a tiny dash of salt will bring out more lemon flavor
Stir to mix. Spread over cake and let excess drizzle over sides.