Strawberry Poppy Seed Muffins - Keto & Grain Free
I love making sugar-free muffins that my whole family will love and these Strawberry Muffins did not disappoint.
I've found that most Keto, Low-Carb recipes use Almond Flour. Adding variety to my diet has always been a goal since we get different nutrients from varied foods. Coconut flour is a great way to add change but I’m not always found of the taste or the texture.If you’ve ever asked with Coconut Flour you know it can be tricky. Our family loved the taste of these and so it’s a win in my book.
You'll notice I add Stevia Liquid to this recipe because I found using part liquid and part powder, delivers the best "real sugar" taste. 😋
I have used this same recipe to make Blueberry Muffins and they were equally delicious. I used frozen blueberries. Simply keep the blueberries frozen and stir in at the last minute. Follow same instructions as outlined in recipe.
- 8 TB. Butter
- 1 ts. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 ts. Stevia Liquid
- 1 ts. Lemon Zest *optional but adds great flavor
- 3/4 C. Coconut flour
- 6 Lg. Eggs
- 1 TB. Poppy seeds *I subbed Chia Seeds😉
- 1/4 ts. Pure Stevia powder
- 1/8ts Salt
- 1/4 ts. Xanthan gum
- 3/4 C. Finely Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- 1 ts. Baking powder
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Line a muffin pan with silicone muffin holders.*Paper can be used but may stick.
- Place all dry ingredients into your mixing bowl and combine.
- Melt butter and add it, along with all the wet ingredients, into the dry. Use a hand mixer to thoroughly blend.
Gently fold in 1/2 cup of the chopped strawberries. Remaining 1/4 cup will be pressed into the tops.
Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and press remaining strawberries into each.
Place in oven and bake 17- 20 min. Check with a toothpick
Let cool 5 min. Best eaten fresh & warm. Freeze leftovers for any easy breakfast option.