I don’t believe I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t love pudding❤️ It’s an American classic dessert that’s simple but somehow extravagant when you top it with whipped cream and shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips.
Homemade sugar free pudding can be very nutritious as well as delicious. Take our Keto low-carb version here that’s loaded with healthy fats ( coconut cream, grass fed butter, and free range egg yolks). The taste is incredible and our family loved it topped with toasted sugar free coconut chips.
As I mentioned the recipe for Rich Dark Chocolate Pudding, this is a simple recipe that’s virtually fool-proof. Don’t be intimidated by what you’ve heard. If you follow out step-by-step directions, you really can’t mess up. We know you’ll get hooked on the richness of the homemade pudding versus the store box brands👍🏼 Totally worth the few extra minutes spent to prepare.
1. In a medium saucepan whisk together the first three ingredients together. Continue to whisk as you add the milk and cream.Turn on stove to medium heat. Immediately, whisk in each egg yolk until combined thoroughly.
2. Mixture will continue to heat slowly until it’s a low boil. This took about 10 minutes for mine. *I used a non-stick so it wasn’t a issue but be aware that milk will scald easily and stick to the bottom of the pan. If using other cookware you’ll need to watch carefully.
3. Remove from heat and Allow to cool 3 minutes (high heat will weaken the taste of pure vanilla and also the stevia flavor....always allow to cool a bit😉)
4. Whisk in butter, Coconut Stevia, and vanilla extract.
5. Transfer the pudding evenly into single serving bowls as shown. I yielded 6 servings of approx. 1/2 each. Refrigerate until set...roughly 30 minutes.
Be sure to check out our Instagram page for more delicious stevia recipes and tag @steviaselect if you make these.